Okay. I was introduced to this dish when I moved to Texas. I will not dare to imply that this recipe is haute cuisine, but it is fast and easy for a week night dinner when mom & dad are tired from a long day at work.
- 1 lb Ground Meat, (beef, bison or venison)
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dash of Cayenne Powder
- 1 (16 oz) package of frozen Tater Tots
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 soup can Milk
- 4 ozs of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Brown the meat in a large skillet for about 8 minutes or until done. Drain off any fat. Add the onion and season with salt, pepper and cayenne to your taste. Using non-stick spray, ( I like the olive oil type) oil the inside of a 2 quart casserole dish. Place the browned meat in the casserole dish. Top with the tater tots. Mix the soup and milk in a small bowl and pour over the tater tots. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.