This good tasting cold salad is full of the protein and fiber needed for healthy diet. With no cooking involved, it is great for hot weather, picnics, and even emergency cooking. I came up with this recipe more than 15 years ago when I needed to take a covered dish to a friend’s picnic.
- 2 cans (5 ozs) Albacore Tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 can (15 ozs) dark red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15ozs) Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) drained
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 ribs of Celery, finely chopped
- 1 small Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup (or more according to your taste) Newman’s Own Original Salad Dressing
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Place in storage container and chill at least 1 hour before serving. This recipe is very easy to double or triple in order to feed alot of people.