I found this easy and simple recipe over on the Low Carb Yum blog. I used fresh green beans because I have had a bumper crop of my yard long green beans and my Red Chinese Noodle Beans. We have eaten them fresh and I have 6 one gallon baggies in the deep freeze. I used a pound of beans because I wanted to stretch the recipe. But if you are using frozen green beans you can reduce it to 8 ozs. if you prefer. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Venison or Bison (add 3 tbls of Butter if you use the Venison or Bison since they have very little fat)
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 8 oz. can sliced Water Chestnuts, diced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soy Sauce sprinkled over finished dish
If using fresh green beans blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Brown the ground meat with the garlic in a large skillet. Season with salt and pepper. When fully cooked add the green beans and the water chestnuts. Heat on medium low setting for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with soy sauce and serve.