This dish started with a 2.5 pound package of Earl Campbells smoked kielbasa I found at the local grocery store. Normally $8.75, I bought it for $3.00 as a quick sale. I love these great buys. And the meal prep can’t be any easier. Everything else was in my pantry. I do apologize for the messy bowl. I wanted to get the photo and eat quick!
- 2 lbs Smoked Polish Kielbasa, sliced in ½ inch rounds or you can quarter the slices to stretch the bits of meat (Think peasant cooking)
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar (I used Goya Mexican Piloncillo Sugar)
- ¼ cup Spicy Brown Mustard
- ¼ cup Koops Arizona Heat Mustard
- 1 medium Onion, small dice
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1 TBsp Liquid Smoke (I like mesquite or hickory)
- Your choice of cooked rice for serving
Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker. Stir to coat kielbasa. Cook on low for 2 ½ to 3 hours. Can be served over rice as a meal or a party snack.