With no relief in sight from this heat wave, no one wants to stay in a hot kitchen. This side dish requires minimum cooking and if you don’t put the bacon in, there’s no cooking.
- 2 bunches of Broccoli, broken into florets and stems discarded
- 10 slices of Bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 small Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup of raisins
Toss the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- 1 cup Olive Oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 2 tablespoons of Vinegar (Can use White Vinegar or for a milder taste use White Wine Vinegar)
Mix well. Pour over broccoli mixture, put in storage container and chill in fridge at least 3 hours before serving.