If you like it hot and are a pepper head, this salsa fs for you! The flavors develop overnight in fridge and it is good frozen up to 3 months. I have to give a “hat tip” to my college roommates husband. This is his excellent recipe.
- 28 ozs Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 bottles (12 ozs) Roasted Sweet Red Peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh Cilantro, chop the leaves and discard the tough stems
- 1 medium Onion, minced
- 6 Limes, use the squeeze pulp and juice, add some zest
- 1 Lemon, deseeded, squeeze pulp and juice, add some zest
- 1 tablespoon ground Coriander
- 1 cup Habaneros, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup mixed Hot peppers of your choice, deseeded and chopped
- 5 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients. Chill overnight in fridge. Enjoy with thin tortilla chips.