In a little more thana week, most of us will have turkey leftovers. I have done pot pies, sandwiches, warmed left over turkey breast, but most of all I like to make a soup. This is turkey comfort food at it’s best.
- 56 ozs of Turkey broth or Chicken Stock
- 4 cup diced cooked Turkey
- 2 medium Carrots shredded
- 1 large Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 box (10 ozs) frozen Green Peas
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 rib Celery, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/3 cup Barley
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig fresh Sage
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until the barley is tender. Discard the bay, and the sprigs of herbs. Serve with crusty buttered bread. This soup does freeze well.