I am really trying to get away from products that have high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient. It is very difficult to marinades or salad dressings that aren’t swimming sugar. This is a highly favored marinade for beef or chicken that we love. If you are just starting out making your own marinades you may want to decrease the amount of herbs and seasonings until you find the right level of flavor for you.
- 1 cup Canola Oil ( I don’t use EVOO for this because I just don’t want to waste the expensive Olive Oil if I won’t be cooking in it.)
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced Onion
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried Thai Basil (optional. I have some in my garden that I dry.)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Red Cayenne Pepper
Mix well and use to marinate Chicken breast or steaks. I marinade the chicken in a gallon storage bag for at least 3 hours. Turning the chicken at least once. Remove meat from marinade and discard the marinade.