I would love to visit Italy one day but for now this is a nice substitute. The mixture of canned and fresh tomatoes gives this stew a wonderful taste. Bon appetito!
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 ribs Celery, chopped
- 3 medium Onions, diced
- 4 cans (15 oz) Stewed Tomatoes
- 3 large fresh slicing Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese to garnish bowls
Heat the olive oil and butter in a soup pot. Cook the carrots, celery and onions for 25 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes. Add the cannellini beans, parsley, basil and Italian seasoning. Cook for another 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan Cheese. Can be served with crusty Italian garlic bread.