Have an amazing amount of zucchini from the garden? Tired of zucchini bread, zucchini cupcakes, steamed zucchini, fresh zucchini? Try this creamy soup.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 3 pounds Zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium Carrots, peeled and shredded
- 6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth or Home Made
- 12 ozs Neufchatel Cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Cayenne Powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil, sliced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Melt butter in a stockpot over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, carrots and chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are just tender, not mushy about 15 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender or food processor with a blade. Return all pureed soup to the stockpot. Add Neufchatel Cheese, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Heat over low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with additional nutmeg or cayenne.