I like to make this bread with our own black walnuts. I pair this with softened creamy butter. And when I find it or make it from raw milk, Devonshire style Clotted Cream. Hello Fall!
- 3 cups Bread Flour or All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped Nuts, your choice
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease a 9×5 baking loaf pan. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix juice, butter and eggs and stir into the dry ingredients. Don’t over mix. Fold in cranberries and nuts. PLace into the greased baking pan and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.