Here in Oklahoma, the first day of buck season is a state holiday….. Oh! Huh. Well it should be!
- 2 1/2 pounds ground venison
- 1/2 pound ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Onion, minced
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Parsley
- 1 whole Egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup dry Red Wine
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Hamburger Buns
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Form into thick patties. Grill to your preferred level of doness. We like our medium rare. So on our Weber charcoal grill it means about 4 to 5 minutes per side. If we use our George Foreman Kitchen Grill, it is about 5 minutes total cook time to keep the burgers moist and juicy. Oh and don’t forget to grill and brown the hamburger buns.