Believe it or not Fall is just around the corner. Break out those sweaters and get ready for the harvest season! If your garden has not done well, do a search on the internet for your local Farmers Markets and U-Pick Farms. You can get some great deals at both places.
- 1 box (32 ozs) of low sodium Chicken Broth or Homemade
- 4 skinless, bone-in Chicken Breasts( about 2 1/2 pounds) Bone-in gives the broth more nutrients
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 ribs Celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 package (14 oz) frozen White Shoepeg Corn
- 1 package (14 oz) frozen Lima Beans
- 1 can (15 oz) Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/3 Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup cooked Ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 3 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
In a Dutch Oven bring the broth to a boil over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion and celery. Return to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender. About 30 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and let cool. Remove the meat from the bones, shred the meat and return meat to pot. Keep bones for making more broth or discard. Add corn and remaining ingredients. Bring back to a boil. Then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Can garnish with cilantro or parsley. Serves 4 to 8.