A friend of mine visited South Carolina and all I got was this recipe! I’m not complaining because it is South Carolina in a soup pot! Frogmore Stew is also known as Low-Country Boil and is a classic Carolina dish. I think I need to learn more about Food Photograghy. The photo doesn’t show how good this dish is!
- 6 small Red Potatoes
- 1 pound of your favorite Sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 small Sweet Onions, quartered
- 2 frozen or fresh corn on the cob, each cut into 3 sections
- 1 pound Shrimp, can be peeled or unpeeled
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Sea Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper to taste
Boil potatoes, sausage and 2 tablespoons Old Bay for about 5 minutes. You don’t want the potatoes mushy when the boil is finished. Add onions and corn. Add more Old Bay if desired. Boil for an additional 10 minutes. When the potatoes are tender, add the shrimp and boil until they are red. Don’t overcook.
Remove from the boil pot into a shallow dish. Serves 4. Out here, if we are serving this outside on picnic table, we put down brown paper and serve on the paper. After dinner, just roll up the paper and shells and throw away.