I found this recipe in the little cookbook that came with my immersion stick blender and there is a very similar one in the book, “Nourishing Traditions” that gives many good reasons to make your own mayo.
- 1 whole Egg, room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of White Pepper
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Blend all ingredients in food processor, or blender or with an immersion stick blender except the EVOO. Gradually add the EVOO and continue to blend until thick. About 30 seconds to 1 minute. This makes about 1 cup.