This is nice almost no cook meal. You can use leftover Salmon fillets or canned Salmon and get those healthy Omega 3 essential Oils.
- 1 pound fresh Asparagus Spears, tough ends trimmed off
- 8 ozs cooked Salmon, flaked without skin or bones
- 1 medium Sweet Red Pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Cayenne Powder
- 1/8 cup of fresh Basil, chopped (Try some Thai Basil for a little bit more kick)
- 4 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas or 2 Whole Wheat Pita Bread pockets cut in half
In a large covered saucepan, boil asparagus spears until tender not mushy and still bright green. Remove from pan and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, cayenne powder and basil and mix well. Gently mix in the salmon. Spread the salmon mixture on the tortillas or inside the pita pockets. Arrange the asparagus and red pepper slices. Makes 4 servings.