When made with ground bison, this savory meatloaf is a hit with adults and kids. It has reduced fat content, but doesn’t lose any of the taste that comes with low-fat meals. In my book section I mention several books that touch on the Weston A. Price method of eating.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Bison meat, ground
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Onion, dried and minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Blend or Tex-Mex blend seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 3/4 to 1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs or Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 Sauce or A1 Steak Sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Shape into a loaf and place into a shallow baking pan. Or use a non-stick or glass meatloaf pan and smooth loaf flat and touching all sides of pan.
Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes.