I developed this tartar sauce one Friday night when we were having catfish (blackened and grilled not fried!) and I found that I had run out of store bought tartar sauce. It doesn’t happen often that I run out of something in the pantry but it did that night. Now I don’t have to worry about getting store bought tartar.
- 1 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Prepared Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 1 dash of Pepper
- 1 squirt Lemon Juice
Mix all ingredients and chill before using.