This is a nice chili for a complete meal even on a hot summer’s day. The fresh cilantro really makes a refreshing accent.
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 large Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Cayenne Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 can condensed Cream of Chicken soup
- 16 ozs low sodium Chicken Stock or home-made
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Cannellini/White Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Chopped Green Chilies
- ¼ cup of fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Green Onions
- Sliced Avocado
Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink and well browned about 5 – 7 minutes. Stir often to brown on all sides.
Add onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cayenne flakes, cumin, sea salt to chicken and onion mixture. Stir in soup and chicken stock. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans and green chilies and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir in fresh cilantro just before serving. Serve with your choice of garnishes.