I use this dish as an accompaniment to the blackened salmon we grill on our George Foreman grill. The blackened seasoning of the salmon works well with the heat from dried cayenne flakes of the stir-fry.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 large Garlic clove, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh Ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Hot Red Cayenne Pepper flakes
- 6 ozs Sugar Snap Peas, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ozs Snow Peas, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen Green Peas
- 2 teaspoons low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Sea Salt to taste
Heat EVOO over medium high heat in a large non-stick skillet. Don’t let the oil smoke. If it does that means it is burning. Stir-fry garlic, ginger, and dried pepper flakes for about 1 minute. Add in the sugar snap and snow peas. Stir-fry approximately 3 minutes. Add frozen peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss in sesame seeds and season with salt to taste. Serves 4 people.