My cowboy husband introduced this dish to me. It is something that his mother made in the 1950’s and 1960’s. It is easy peasy and very yummy.
- 1 can (15 oz) Peas, drained
- 2 hard boiled Eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely diced
- 2 ribs Celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise (I use Olive Oil mayo)
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Brown Mustard
Mix all the ingredients together and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
Absolutely LOVE this English pea salad! The perfect accompaniment to almost any meal!
Thank you, iutechie. It’s a great summer dish when you don’t want to heat up kitchen. And my husband is happy that you like his Mama’s recipe.