There are many recipes for this dish out there and this one is mine. I warn you though this stuff is addictive. I save and freeze the drained liquid from the cans. I then use it in veggie soup or stew. Waste not, want not is my belief. This is great pantry go to recipe. Fast and easy!
- 1 can (15 oz) Black Eyed Peas or Purple Hull Peas, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Whole Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 can (10 oz) Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, white or brown
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 Tsp Hot Sauce, I use Yucatan Sunshine Habanero Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and pressed or 1 tsp dried Garlic Powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 small Sweet Onion, small diced
- 1/8 Black Pepper
- Sea salt to taste
Mix all ingredients. Chill and serve with tortilla chips.