Now this is not haut cuisine. And I freely admit that it is not an original recipe of mine but it is oh so yummy. I found the basic recipe on the back of a box of dry salad dressing mixes. I tweaked it a little and I do like the result. I was busy outside today since it was a 79 degree day in Eastern Oklahoma and I used this as a buffet type dish on the butcher block. I would go past and grab a tortilla chip and some dip to keep me going. This would also be a great party dip for any type of get together.
- 1 package (8 ozs) Neufchatel Cheese or Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 envelope dry Zesty Italian Dressing mix
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian Herb Seasoning
- Dash(s) of Hot Sauce
- 1 bag (10 ozs) frozen chopped Broccoli, thawed and well drained or I used the stems cut from the Broccoli florets that I then shredded. Be sure that all of the fibrous skin is peeled off.
- 1 package (8 0zs) Pepper Jack Cheese or other cheese of your choice, divided
- Bag of Tortilla Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
By hand or using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, Italian dressing mix, salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs and hot sauce until well blended. Add broccoli and 1 ½ cups cheese. Mix well. Turn out into a 9 inch pie dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Spread remaining cheese on top and brown for 8 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips.