I know I’m pushing the season a little. It’s a chilly damp day here in East Central Oklahoma, but I saw some small watermelons in the store the other day. I know that they will not taste as good as farm grown ones, but I’ll have this recipe ready this summer when I see farmers selling melons on the side of road!
- 1 cup seedless Watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup seeded Honeydew Melon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sweet Onion, finely diced
- 1 small Jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt.
Combine all ingredients and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.