While not a typical use of this French herb mixture, I like to use this in mashed potatoes. I use my home grown lavender, rosemary, and thyme. Try it you might like it!
- 2 tablespoons Lavender Buds
- 2 tablespoons dried Rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Marjoram
- 1 Bay Leaf
Crush all the herbs in a mortar & pestle or you can use a rolling-pin in a plastic bag. Be certain to crush the bay leaf but try to get the woody stem out of the final mix. Place in a dark bottle and keep in a cool place. Will keep about 2 months.