Great tasting and easy stew!
- 1 can (28 ozs) stewed Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Cabbage, shredded
- 2 small Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ozs) whole Kernel Corn, undrained
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry Red Wine
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Basil (Thai Basil is nice in this)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh Thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 4 cups Water or Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pound ground Beef or Bison
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
In a large Dutch Oven combine tomatoes, cabbage, red bell pepper, zucchini, corn, celery, onion, red wine, parsley, herbs, salt, pepper and beef broth. Bring mix to a boil and reduce heat to simmer covered for 15 minutes. While that is cooking, in a large mixing bowl combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Add ground meat and mix well. Shape into 36 mini meatballs.
Heat a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and brown the meatballs. Stir, so they don’t burn. Drain off excess fat. Add the browned meatballs to the stew mixture and cook until the vegetables are tender about 15 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan Cheese. Can be served over cooked Vermicelli Pasta if desired.