This is one of our favorite cookie recipes. Our friends and family get these at Christmas!
- 2 1/2 sticks Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 3 cups uncooked Oats
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Beat butter and sugar until creamy in a large mixing bowl with a stand mixer or hand mixer. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg in a different mixing bowl. Add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Add the oats. Mix well.
Drop cookie by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container. (If they last that long!)