Ohhhh, what else can you say? This is a Fall dessert for certain. Serve a la mode with Vanilla Ice cream. mmmm mmmm.
- 5 tart Apples like Granny Smith or Gala or Fuji, peeled cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour or Wondra
- 1/2 cup melted Butter (I like to use salted)
- 1/4 cup Water
Preheat oven to 325 F.
Arrange the apple slices in a square baking dish. Can use a 9×9 or 9×11. Have several layers of apples. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, flour and butter. Set aside. Pour water over the apples. Sprinkle the sugar mix over the apples. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until crispy. Serve warm with your choice of topping.