Yup, I’m wanting some cool weather! Another one pot dish, that will feed a crowd of people.
- 3 cups dried White Beans, (Navy, Northern or cannellini)
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 large Onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 3 medium Carrots, peeled and sliced in rounds
- 3 ribs Celery, sliced in rounds
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper to taste
Put beans in a large pot and add water until beans are covered by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Cover and take off the heat, Let stand for 2 hours. Drain and rinse. Put beans back into pot and add 8 cups of water. Cover and simmer until beans are tender. About 1 hour.
Put beans and cooking water into a large bowl. Set aside. In the soup pot, heat the EVOO over medium high heat and saute the onions about 5 minutes. Don’t brown. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add the beans and cooking liquid back into the soup pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and creamy butter.