I have enjoyed this dish with my own home cooked Sauerbraten. Oh my, my!
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Oliver Oil (EVOO)
- 1 small Red Cabbage, halved, cored and thinly shredded
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pepper to taste
Heat EVOO in a saute pan over medium high heat . Add cabbage and onions and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until tender. Mix in salt, lemon juice, sugar and vinegar. Continue to cook until cabbage is very tender, an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.