I will admit it. One of my guilty treats is muffins. Mostly I like Chocolate Chip muffins but this recipe is GREAT!!!!!! Paired with creamy butter! OMG!!!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar or Sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 cup Raisin Bran type cereal
- 1 cup Milk, whole milk or low-fat
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tea-spoon Orange Zest
- 1 cup Cranberries, dried or frozen
Pre heat oven to 400 F.
Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in bowl. Mix cereal and milk in a different bowl and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir well. Mix in egg, oil and peel. Add flour to mixture and mix enough to moisten flour. Fold in cranberries.
Spoon into greased muffin tins and leave 3/4 full. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins. Serve with creamy butter.