Yesterday our high temp was 110 F. Today we are supposed to have a cold snap, only 102! Here is another no cook recipe for everyone. It calls for water packed fresh mozzarella since it has the best taste and consistency but regular mozz will work as well. I get the fresh basil and tomatoes from my kitchen garden which is 40 feet from my kitchen door. To me there is nothing that tastes better than a fresh picked vine ripe tomato. Mmmm, that’s good!
- 4 large slicing tomatoes, sliced thick
- 4 cups fresh water packed Mozzarella, sliced 1/4 thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil, finely chopped
- approximately 6 fresh whole Basil leaves
Mix the dressing ingredients. Arrange tomatoes slices on individual plates (4-6 plates). Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each tomato slice. Drizzle dressing over each plate and garnish with whole basil leaves. To let the taste and aroma bloom allow plate to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
For a slightly different taste try using Thai Basil.