This goes great with a nice grilled steak!
- 1 pound fresh Spinach (or frozen. Canned doesn’t work well)
- `1 medium Sweet Onion, fine chopped
- 3 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 1/1 tablespoons All Purpose Flour or Wondra Flour
- 1 cup warm Cream or Half & Half
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt and White Pepper to taste
Over medium low heat and in a large skillet, sweat the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter. When the onions are tender but not brown add the fresh spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. In a medium sauce pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and blend in the flour. Gradually add the cream and mix well until thick. Add the spinach mixture. Season with salt and red and white pepper. Mix in cheese and serve.