This is a nice and easy make ahead casserole. Make it the night before you want to use and when you come home from work, pop it in the oven. Goes wonderfully with garlic.
- 1 box (16 ozs) Penne Pasta
- 1 pound extra lean, ground beef, bison or venison
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed or 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 26 ozs store-bought or homemade Pasta Sauce
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Preheat oven 350 F.
Cook the pasta according to box directions to an al dente. Don’t overcook. Heat the EVOO in a large skillet, add ground meat and brown with the Italian seasoning and garlic. Drain any oil from the skillet. Add cooked pasta and pasta sauce to the meat. Add 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan Cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.