This is a version one of my favorites while I was overseas in a very hot country. It is a Martha Stewart recipe from several years ago. This dish pops with flavor! And the tumeric adds great color!
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander (Try the roasted style for even more flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Red Cayenne
- 1/4 ground Cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive OIl (EVOO)
- 1 whole chicken with skin on and cut into quarters
- 1 Lemon, cut in quarters
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack and allow to heat. In a small bowl mix all of the spices with the EVOO. Mix well. Rub the spice and oil miox all over the chicken pieces. Place the chicken in one layer on the hot baking sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Can serve with pan juices and lemon slices.