I know that many people like do something different from turkey for the big Christmas meal. But this year my husband wanted turkey again. So I have frozen leftovers from Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is a nice easy dish for a one baking dish meal.
- 2 cups cooked bite size pieces Turkey
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or store bought Gravy
- 2 cups cooked White or Brown Rice
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 large clove Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Sage or 5 fresh leaves fine chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine turkey, rice, gravy, 1/2 cup cheese, broccoli and seasonings in a medium bowl and mix well. Scoop into a greased 8X8 baking dish or similar size casserole dish. Cover with rest of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cooked through and brown on top.