Adjust the heat to your preference. We like it hot!
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3 pounds ground Venison
- 1 pound ground Beef or Pork
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons ground Red Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt or Kosher
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Dash of dried ground Habanero powder
- 2 tablespoons Masa Harina
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Brown venison and meat. Remove meat and saute onion until tender. Drain any oil. In a large soup pot, put in the meat, onion, cayenne powder, half of the sliced jalapeno and enough water to make a stew consistency. Bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer. Simmer for an hour. Add the remaining ingredients and 1 tablespoon masa flour to thicken. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with cornbread.