This is an easy dish that you can do on a week night. Yes, it does have beans in it and if my husband’s friends in Texas found we ate any kind of chili with beans, he would not be allowed back in Texas. But he makes chili with beans for me since I am from that unspecified North Eastern State. This is not one of our slow cook”chili” recipes but it does bring back memories of a fast dinner when I was in high school.
- 1 pound ground Beef or Bison
- 1 can (8 ozs) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 ozs) Dark Red Kidneys Beans
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Minced Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- Black or Red Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream, chives or Green Onions as garnish
Brown the ground meat in a large skillet and drain off the grease. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve in bowls and garnish.