These are great with coffee in the morning or as a midnight snack.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground Sea Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fine shredded Carrots
- 3/4 cup fine shredded Zucchini
Preheat oven 375 F.
Grease six 3 inch crown muffin tins. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg and salt. I a small bowl mix milk, orange juice, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix in the carrots and zucchini. The batter may be a bit lumpy. Divide the batter into the 6 greased muffin tins.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove from the tins and enjoy warm.