What’s better than a one pot meal? Not much in my opinion. Pair with bread. Yummy!
- 4 quarts Vegetable Stock, store bought or home made
- 3 large cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/4 cup sun dried Tomatoes, snipped into small pieces. Don’t use the kind packed in oil
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium Parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Celery, thin sliced
- 1 cup fresh Green Beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Leeks, white parts only, washed throughly and thin sliced
- 2 cups Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Wild Rice
- 1 cup Lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 4 new Red Potatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen Green Peas
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
In a large soup pot, bring the stock to boil. Then reduce heat to simmer. Add garlic and tomatoes. Bring soup up to a steady high simmer. Add ingredients in this order: carrots, parsnip, celery, green beans, leeks, and cabbage. Simmer for 25 minutes.
Add rice, lentils and potatoes and simmer for 35 minutes. Don’t let the soup get too thick. If it does keep it covered. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add green peas. Cook only til soup comes back to a simmer. Serve with cheese on the side as garnish.