I don’t do alot of cooking with curry but someone asked me about curry recipes. This one is very good.
- 10 ozs of dried Red Lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 12 inch of Kombu (seaweed, optional)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon of fresh grated Ginger Root
- 1 medium Onion, thin sliced
- 1 large Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 3 small Carrots, peeled and thin sliced
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
Boil 8 cups of water in a large soup pot. Add lentils, kombu, bay leaves, turmeric, cinnamon stick, cumin and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender about 15 minutes. Add onion, sweet potato and carrots. Cook an additional 25 minutes. Add curry powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes. Adjust curry and salt to taste if you like more. Serves 6 or 8.