This version of the classic French Stew can be made gluten-free by using brown rice pasta shells and makes 8 servings depending on the size.
- 1 cup Leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 medium Eggplant, diced
- 6 cups Water
- 2 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1 medium Sweet Bell Pepper, (green, red, orange or yellow) diced
- 7 medium Tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cooked small pasta shells ( Brown Rice or regular)
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil (Green, Purple or Thai) whole
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large pot heat the EVOO and saute leeks and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add eggplant and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add zucchini, sweet pepper, tomatoes and paprika. Simmer until the vegetables are tender about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Let stand for 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Reheat and serve.