This pot roast works equally well with beef or bison but we prefer bison since it is a leaner than beef. Low and slow are the words for tender pot roast just like my mom made on Sundays. I will usually serve my Loaded Mash potatoes and Cold English Peas Salad with the pot roast.
- 1 four pound roast, Bison or Beef
- 8 cups low sodium Beef broth or home-made beef or bison broth (enough to cover the roast)
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 4 medium Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium Carrots, peeled and large chopped
- 4 medium Onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 small Parsnips, peeled and large chopped
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Place all ingredients in an oven safe roasting casserole. Roast for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy.