The only cooking you need to do in preparing this cold soup is to boil the tomatoes to remove the skins more easily. You can find most of the ingredients in your garden with only a couple items from your pantry.
- 2 large cloves, Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 4 very ripe medium slicing Tomatoes, de-skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium Vegetable Broth or Home-made
- 1 medium Green Pepper, seeded and large chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, large chopped
- 2 medium Cucumbers, peeled and large chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
Bring some water to a boil in medium pot. Place tomatoes in the water for 1 minute. Remove tomatoes from boiling water and immerse in ice water. This let stop teh cooking and also loosen the tomato skins. Peel the skin off and large chop.
Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend only until there are still some pieces left of the vegetables. It should not be completely pureed. You can add more tomato paste if the soup isn’t thick enough. Place into glass or ceramic mixing bowl and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. You can garnish with green onion, sour cream or yogurt.