Who says that Caesar Salad must ONLY be romaine lettuce, croutons and parm cheese? Certainly not me! This is what I call my Caesar Salad. I serve the Caesar dressing on the side so people can use as much or as little as they want.
- 4 oz Italian Bread
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce or 1 package (18 oz) Romaine Hearts. I like to use just regular Romaine. The dark green leaves have more nutrients.
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced and divided into rings
- Black Olives
- 1 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup of Milk (Whole, reduced fat or Skim)
Mix all ingredients together and whisk well until smooth. Set aside until individual salads are completed.
Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
Cut the bread into 1/2 slices. Then cut the slices into 1/2 cubes. Place on a cookie sheet and spray the croutons with Olive Oil cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Cool on the pan.
Trim off the bottom and top of Romaine head and tear into bite size pieces. Arrange in individual salad bowls. Will make 4 or 6 depending on your portion size. Arrange the slices of hard-boiled eggs, rings of red onion, black olives and croutons on top of the lettuce.
Serve with dressing on the side.