This is an easy recipe to make in a crock pot and then finish fast in an oven. I made this last week and it is good!
- 2 lbs Beef, Bison or Venison, stew or round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 2 teaspoons Sea or Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoons Ground Pepper
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 ozs) Whole Tomatoes, undrained
Put meat cubes in the slow cooker. Combine flour, salt, pepper. Put in slow cooker and toss meat cubes until well coated. Stir remainder of ingredients. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. Until meat is tender.
One hour before serving, pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Ladle meat and veg into a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Pot Pie Topping:
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Shortening or Lard
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add milk all at one time. Stir well. Turn out on floured board. Pat down. Roll out with rolling pin to a size large enough to cover the 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.