Not technically a Poor Boy, but it is an easy meal to make for a week night supper. Can be made the night before and refridgerate until the next night. Just pop it in the oven for 30 minutes! DONE!
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground Beef, Bison or Venison
- 1 small Potato, grated
- 1 small Sweet Onion, grated
- 1 small Carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs of your choice (Panko, regular or seasoned)
- 1 whole Egg, beaten
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cajun Blend Seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 can (10 ozs) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 10 ozs Milk (Whole, 2% or skim)
- 1/2 cup cooked Rice (White or Brown)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine meat, vegetables, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix well. Add egg, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Mix well. Shape into meatballs. Heat the EVOO in a large skillet. Cook the meatballs over medium heat until well browned. In a covered casserole dish combine the soup, milk and rice. Add the browned meatballs. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.