This dish is a bit of a throwback to the 1960’s but my husband wanted me to try to make it since he loved it when he was a child. We enjoy it with pieces of celery so I make a large bowl of it. But you can easily cut the recipe in half.
- 16 ozs softened Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 jar (4 ozs) Pimientos, drained
- 6 ozs fine grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt or Kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
In a large mixing bowl cream together the Neufchatel cheese and sour cream using a hand mixer. Drain the pimientos and chop fine or puree with an immersion hand blender. Add the pimientos to the sour cream mix. Mix well. Add the seasonings and the grated cheese. Mix again. Chill for an hour before serving. This is great when served with carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower.