I admit that my Thanksgiving is all Martha Stewart. I am not too proud to steal the recipes from her, but I always admit it. LOL!! Yup. www.marthastewart.com
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, finely diced
- 3 ribs Celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup diced Liver, Chicken or Turkey
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled Cornbread
- 2 tablespoons fresh Sage, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 cups hot low sodium Chicken Broth
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Butter
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook until translucent about 8 minutes. And liver and cook until browned about 4 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion mixture, cornbread and sage. Pour the hot broth over the mixture. Stir until combined. Salt & pepper to taste. Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Fold the mixture into the baking dish. Bake until golden brown about 40 to 45 minutes.
You can assemble this dish the night before Thanksgiving up to putting the mixture into the baking dish. You can refrigerate over night. Allow the dish to warm to about room temp before putting in the oven.