Ummm, more comfort food. These meatballs are little rounds of seasoned goodness! And cooking in a slow cooker, your kitchen equipment cooks for you while you are doing something else. That’s multi-tasking.
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef or Bison
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, fine chopped
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 cup dry Breadcrumbs (I like Panko style)
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup Beef Broth Low sodium store bought or home made
- 1 can (15 ozs) Diced Tomatoes with Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 4 Carrots, peeled and thick sliced
- 3 large Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold Water
Combine ground meat,chopped onion,egg, breadcrumbs, pressed garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and thyme. Make about 24 meatballs. Heat the butter or EVOO in a medium skillet. Working in batches if needed, brown the meatballs and drain well on a paper towel. Place carrots, potatoes and sliced onion on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with meatballs. Mix the tomatoes,beef broth, powdered garlic and pour the mixture over the meatballs and veggies. Cook on low for 8 or 9 hours.
Before serving, remove the meatballs from the slow cooker. Make a paste with the cornstarch and water. Mix well into the slowcooker with the veggies. Cover and cook on high for 10 or 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. Return meatballs to the cooker and serve.